Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boston Comic-Con?!

This has been a busy, busy month. Boston Comic-Con was nice, it's not a huge venue but the people there are always nice and you can have more intimate talks with the artists.

My friend and I received signatures and sketches from the legendary Tim Sale!! It was sweet, Tim's a really nice guy and I had a pretty nice conversation with him about his art and the fact that I'm an animation major.

I also met a Kent Archer, the inker for Dr. McNinja.com!!! (If you haven't seen Dr. McNinja, I highly recommend it, there's a link to it on my "Talented Individuals" window under the name "Chris Hastings")
He was crazy nice and I ended up chatting with him at his table for about a half an hour. He also did a full page sketch of a Spiderman bust in full color, FOR FREE! I felt guilty taking it so I bought one of their anthology books of the webcomic, which is sort of a win-win if you ask me.

The rest of the convention was pretty average, it never gets too huge or full of celebrities, and it's only a comic convention, not one of those huge all enetertainment venues like San Diego. I didn't buy any comics, BUT, I saw a Dr. Fate comic that re-sparked my love for Dr. Fate (you might be seeing some posts about Dr. Fate sketches in the near future, as I've become very interested in drawing him).

That's all for now, have a happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: