Monday, October 19, 2009

OIAF News!

Well I have news for you! I got back from the Ottawa International Animation Festival (the second largest Animation festival in the world, or so I've been told) and it was wonderful! I met some amazingly talented people and saw some fantastic animations during my time in Ottawa.

It was my second and easily more successful year going to the OIAF. I schmoozed my ass off in the hopes of making some new contacts in the biz. I'm not holding my breath for any of the encounters to end up making a huge difference in my attempts to enter the Animation community, but it was certainly inspiring.

A big point of advice I got was to stay creative, always tell the story first, which is really motivating for me. That's why I became an Animation Major, I love telling stories and my biggest hope is that my artistic skill can match my overactive imagination someday. Also, quite a few people said it's important to know Flash and other computer animating programs, so I'll definitely get cracking on refining my Flash skills and hopefully finding the time to teach myself some After Effects and Toon Boom (once I find copies of both those programs).

I'm so ready for my art to hit the next level, too bad it's taking its sweet ass time getting there. Ah well, these things don't happen overnight and in the mean time I'm going to be enjoying every step along the path to Animation mastery! ho-HO!

Buh-bye for now, guys and gals.

No comments: